guix-devel

Re: Reproducing test failures that only happen when run by guix daemon

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Reproducing test failures that only happen when run by guix daemon
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 23:24:30 +0200

David Craven <address@hidden> skribis:

>> How do I go about reproducing what happens when the tests are run by
>> guix-daemon?
>
> Answering my own question:
> env -i $(which bash) --noprofile --norc
> source environment-variables

Also ‘tar xf $(guix build -S the-package) && guix environment
the-package --container’.

(With the caveat that the guix-daemon chroot lacks /bin/sh, whereas
‘guix environment --container’ provides it, for convenience.)

> Maybe this should be mentioned in the manual?

Probably!  Under the ‘gnu-build-system’ part of “Build Systems” I’d say,
since it’s a feature of ‘gnu-build-system’ (inherited by most other
build systems).

Ludo’.