guix-devel

Re: core-updates merged!

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: core-updates merged!
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 13:24:17 -0400

On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 06:42:34PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> I think you should start from the pre-merge ‘core-updates-next’, sign
> commits that are unsigned (I thought Manolis signed them all on the last
> rebase?), then merge, and finally push.

Unfortunately, signing old commits causes subsequent history to be
rewritten, and the subsequent signatures are lost. I would have to
re-sign commits all the way back to June (for aebd383). And Git users'
local history would become invalid.

By the way, all the commits that are rejected by the hook are from the
master branch.

> Not ideal, but hey!

Very! I'll wait for replies before taking this drastic action.

I think we are hitting something like the problem I warned about here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-07/msg01220.html