guix-devel

Re: GNOME Applications menu can cause crashes

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: GNOME Applications menu can cause crashes
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:53:48 +0200

On Sun 21 Aug 2016 20:20, Kei Kebreau <address@hidden> writes:

> I was wondering if any other GNOME users encountered a odd bug while
> using the Applications menu. Dragging an icon while in the Applications
> menu causes GNOME shell to crash for unknown reasons. I'd like to help
> with fixing this bug if I can, but I don't know where to start or even
> where to look.

I always thought this was because we were missing some SVG icon for some
reason, possibly because the gdk-pixbuf that the shell uses doesn't have
rsvg support, or something.  Can you check your .xsession-errors to see
if you get a warning about this?

I would certainly love to fix this irritating bug.

Andy