guix-devel

Re: How does install-grub work?

From: David Craven
Subject: Re: How does install-grub work?
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 22:29:40 +0200

I have some questions too... So for booting a vm we don't actually
need a boot loader, since it passes the kernel image through the
-kernel flag. I don't think it's relevant that grub is installed in
the MBR. So getting guix system vm --system=armhf-linux to boot
doesn't actually require uboot... It just needs to make sure that grub
isn't pulled in as a dependency (since there isn't a substitute for
grub on arm/mips).

@Danny: Did you write install-uboot.c? I don't have a clue what it's
doing =P I don't really know anything about filesystems or
bootloaders...