guix-devel

Re: screenshot of the web interface to the GNU Guix package manager

From: ng0
Subject: Re: screenshot of the web interface to the GNU Guix package manager
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 13:56:27 +0000

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden writes:
>
>> On https://git.dthompson.us/guix-web.git/blob/HEAD:/README.md
>>
>> there is a dead link to
>> http://media.dthompson.us/mgoblin_media/media_entries/20/Screenshot_from_2014-08-13_180724.png
>>
>> - so no visible screenshot of the web interface to the GNU Guix package
>> manager here...
>>

>> Does anyone have a screenshot maybe?  Thx!
>
> You can see a running instance of Guix web at
> <http://guix.mdc-berlin.de>.
>
> It runs a slightly modified version of Dave’s code.
>
> ~~ Ricardo

A good number of people have pointed out to me that our /packages page
crashes their browser or in general is really uncomfortable to load.
The impression would be better if we provided something which might not
be 100% done but at least does not crash/hang systems.
What's in the way to use guix-web instead of the listing we have?
Perfectionism and/or a lack of time?
--
ng0
For non-prism friendly talk find me on http://www.psyced.org