guix-devel

Re: Why was "gnu: wrap-python3: Create more symlinks." reverted?

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Why was "gnu: wrap-python3: Create more symlinks." reverted?
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 15:31:13 -0400

On Sun, Sep 04, 2016 at 08:35:11PM +0200, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> Hello Leo,
>
> why did you revert this patch? Having these aliases helps a lot when
> packaging python (extension) modules. Please reapply!

Hi,

I reverted the commit in response to this request from Andreas:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-07/msg00011.html

I am really sorry that I did not add you to the email thread when I
replied to Andreas confirming the reversion. I should have done that but
it must have slipped my mind.

I'm not sure if the problems he described would still exist. Do you want
to look into it?