guix-devel

Re: Package page

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Package page
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 18:41:43 +0100

Hello!

Adam Pribyl <address@hidden> skribis:

> The GuixSD package page
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/
>
> is getting somewhat large to load. It is also bit short sighted to
> list all packages on one html page. Any plans what to with this?

It’s a shame indeed and we should definitely add JS code to browse it.
There’s already code for that in Guix-Web¹ that could be used as a
starting point (the web site’s code is in guix-artwork.git²).

Are you volunteering?  :-)  That would be a great contribution!

Ludo’.

¹ https://git.dthompson.us/guix-web.git
²
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-artwork.git/tree/website/www/packages.scm