guix-devel

Re: New continuous integration server bought thanks to Igalia

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: New continuous integration server bought thanks to Igalia
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 10:55:08 +0100

Hello!

address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> I mentioned it this summer in my GHM talk: free software cooperative
> Igalia made a generous donation to the “Guix Europe” non-profit, which
> allowed us to purchase a brand new, Libreboot-powered server, that will
> ultimately replace the VM behind hydra.gnu.org.
>
> Andreas reports on the story here:
>
>   https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/news/growing-our-build-farm.html

Thanks to Mathieu, Andreas, and Samuel Thibault (of GNU/Hurd, Debian,
etc.), the machine is now in its data center in Bordeaux, France, in a
rack shared with non-profit ISP Aquilenet.  Great job, gentlefolks!

You can ping it at bayfront.guixsd.org.  :-)  The next steps will be to
update its config¹ such that it has NGINX running in front of ‘guix
publish’ with Let’s Encrypt certs, and a Cuirass service actually
building stuff.

Ludo’.

¹ http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra/bayfront.scm