guix-devel

Re: rust: Crate Dependencies

From: David Craven
Subject: Re: rust: Crate Dependencies
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 18:35:05 +0100

> Same here for libc crate after the update, but I guess that's
> because cargo is currently packaged and used from the bootstrap
> rust, which is dated one version before the actual rustc you can
> use now, so 0.13.0 cargo and 0.14.0 rustc.

I submitted some experimental patches to the ML which fix this.

Since you have I assume a web application that is written in rust, and
you want to deploy it using guixsd, I think that vendoring the
dependencies like the example cargo package is what you should do. The
goal of using guixsd is fixing the deployment problem. If you vendor
your dependencies and deploy your application like the example cargo
package you should get an environment that is controlled 100% by your
company. Would be awesome to see some real commercial webapps deployed
using guixsd!