guix-devel

Re: indent with emacs batch mode

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: indent with emacs batch mode
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2017 08:25:24 +0100

Hi Alex,

I’m glad that my public display of my lack of skill with Emacs batch
mode has prompted you to come up with a much nicer solution that
actually works :)

My first version actually did use “re-search-forward” and required the
user to input both file name and package variable.  I had hoped to
simplify this a little by using “guix-location”.

> And here are the lines for the environment and running emacs (I used
> 'emacs-no-x' as it is not so heavy as 'emacs'):
>
>   guix environment --ad-hoc emacs-no-x emacs-guix
>
>   emacs -q --no-site-file --batch -l indent-package-expr.el
> /path/to/package-file.scm package-name

Thanks for the code and the example invocation!

> All that stuff can work without 'emacs-guix' (if the line with
> 'guix-devel-mode' scheme hook will be removed), but in this case the
> package may not be indented properly.

Guix still comes with a “.dir-locals.el” that specifies the indentation
rules, doesn’t it?  Can we use that?

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
http://elephly.net