guix-devel

Re: indent with emacs batch mode

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: indent with emacs batch mode
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2017 22:17:07 +0100

Hi!

Alex Kost <address@hidden> skribis:

> Since a user knows what file (s)he wants modify, I think it is better to
> avoid starting the REPL, so it will be *much faster*.  After all, I
> would do it like this:

Sounds cool!  (The only downside is that it would indent the whole file
so the submitter might have to undo indentation changes in other parts
of the file before committing.)

What about committing it as a script, say
etc/devel/indent-scheme-code.sh, and mention it under “Submitting
Patches” and “Formatting Code”?

I’m sure many would find it helpful.

Thanks!

Ludo’.