guix-devel

Re:Re: About flashplayer

From: tumashu
Subject: Re:Re: About flashplayer
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 16:39:34 +0800 (CST)

Ok, thanks for the information!

At 2017-01-13 16:33:35, "Chris Marusich" <address@hidden> wrote: >tumashu <address@hidden> writes: > >> can we package a installer-helper, like: >> https://packages.debian.org/stretch/flashplugin-nonfree > >Guix (and GuixSD) adheres to the Free System Distribution Guidelines >[1], which states: > >"A free system distribution must not steer users towards obtaining any >nonfree information for practical use, or encourage them to do so. The >system should have no repositories for nonfree software and no specific >recipes for installation of particular nonfree programs." > >As I understand it, the purpose of that installer-helper is solely to >aid in the installation of Adobe Flash Player, which is not free >software. It has no other use. Therefore, we will not package it. > >[1] https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html > >On the other hand, GNU Gnash IS free software, so I'm sure a patch to >add it would be welcome! > >-- >Chris