guix-devel

Re: A postinst equivalent in Guix?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: A postinst equivalent in Guix?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 10:34:55 +0100

Georgi Kirilov <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 04:34:55PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>
>>To make things more concrete, we could discuss specific packages you are
>>interested in and see how we could provide them in Guix{,SD}.
>
> The package is the old bsd-games bundle. Some of the games need to
> write score files under /var/lib/bsdgames/
> You can find attached my patch so far.

The patch looks good to me!

As for /var/lib/bsdgames, then it’s up to the admin to set the right
permissions on it.  We can ensure that it exists and has the right
permissions on GuixSD, but on foreign distros, there’s nothing we can
do.

We could also modify bsd-games such that it falls back to
~/.local/bsdgames when /var/lib/bsdgames isn’t accessible (and it would
be worth submitting upstream).  ISTR this was discussed for one of the
games present in Guix.

WDYT?

Ludo’.