guix-devel

Re: guix can't find (gnutls)

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: Re: guix can't find (gnutls)
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 11:48:51 +0100

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 8:02 PM, Alex Kost <address@hidden> wrote:
> Federico Beffa (2017-02-04 15:50 +0100) wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> for some reason Guix can't find (gnutls) despite the module being
>> installed and usable in Guile:
> [...]
>> Any suggestion?
>
> Check that guix-daemon is also started with GUILE_LOAD_[COMPILED_]PATH
> environment containing gnutls modules.

That's it!

I was test starting the daemon with "sudo guix-daemon
--build-users-group=guixbuild" from a shell with the GUILE_*
environment variables set correctly and things didn't work. Now I
defined those variables in the guix-daemon.system systemd unit and
things do work (I'm on Debian testing). I'm not sure of why the formed
didn't work, but the latter did it.

Thanks,
Fede