guix-devel

guix pull takes forever

From: ng0
Subject: guix pull takes forever
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 09:38:58 +0000

Hi,

with current master and using 'guix pull' instead of a git checkout
update, the process takes more than 9 hours.

I restarted it this morning, it's the same. Basically what I see is
just:

Starting download of /tmp/guix-file.foooo
>From http://urllbla.tar.gz
[status line of 11.1MiB transfered]
substitute: updating list of substitutes from bayfront 100%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from bayfront 100%
unpacking '/gnu/store/aaaaaaaaaa-guix-latest.tar.gz'
substitute: updating list of substitutes from bayfront 100%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from bayfront 100%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from bayfront 100%

Yesterday I saw some GnuTLS, libpng, and other builds before pull even
started to download the master.tar.gz file.
This is on a very current, up to date system.