guix-devel

Question related to outputs

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Question related to outputs
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 15:14:02 +0000

In a package I have targets for out and debug. Now I want to tell the
make file to build different targets

  make -f Makefile.guix build-with-checks

  make -f Makefile.guix build-without-checks

The latter would be the debug with built in bounds checking etc.

After an hour of searching I don't find any example. Packages like git
have multiple outputs, e.g. git:send-email but I it simply expands
paths. Is there a way to test for these targets?

  (if build-without-checks (do this) (do that))

In gnu/packages/python.scm:L268

 (let ((out (assoc-ref outputs "out"))
       (tk  (assoc-ref outputs "tk")))
  (when tk
    (match (find-files out "tkinter.*\\.so")

looks faulty to me as tk always expands to an outputs path.

Pj.