guix-devel

Install hook

From: Florian Pelz
Subject: Install hook
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 11:30:48 +0100

Hello,

Currently my ~/.guix-profile/share/glib-2.0/schemas/gschemas.compiled
file contains only GSettings from one package. Guix warns about
“arbitrarily choosing” this file when installing a package. This is
bad; gschemas.compiled should be recreated on package install to
include all GSettings stored in the Guix profile.

Arch Linux uses hooks to compile GSettings schemas after installing a
package.

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/glib-compile-schemas.hook?h=packages/glib2

Am I correct in that Guix does not support install hooks? I believe
install hooks are the proper way to solve this. This affects more
than just GSettings.

Regards,
Florian