guix-devel

Re: Advice about GuixSD on Serveraptor?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Advice about GuixSD on Serveraptor?
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 13:04:46 +0100

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 04:46:20PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
>> So what I'm doing here is trying to provide Serveraptor with a GuixSD
>> image that they'd offer to users.
>>
>> People could regenerate the image themselves, but it would be difficult
>> to verify that it matches what is offered by Serveraptor.
>
> And to clarify my previous question: Should this QEMU image be created
> by me, or should it be created by a Guix maintainer as part of the Guix
> release process?

I’m not sure.  I guess it would be better for users if it was signed by
a maintainer key, but on the other hand I don’t know if we can commit to
publishing QEMU images with every release.

Could we build an image with Hydra instead and just provide the latest
build to Serveraptor?  How would updates to the image be handled?  Do
they offer some sort of API to upload new images or is this a process
that depends on humans making decisions?

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net