guix-devel

Re: Planning for the next release

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Planning for the next release
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 07:24:50 +0000

Leo Famulari transcribed 2.2K bytes:
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 04:33:24PM +0000, ng0 wrote:
> > Ludovic Courtès transcribed 0.6K bytes:
> > >
> > > The guix-service in GuixSD now allows you to specify an HTTP proxy quite
> > > easily, for substitutes and downloads (commit 93d32da9f8).  I haven’t
> > > tried it but it Should Work Fine.
> >
> > That's the commit after which I've tried to make it work, reconfigured
> > the system with it and failed.
> > If I remember correctly, I simply added this to the config of guix, as
> > suggested in the config.
> > For what I really did and if you require an error output, I can provide
> > this to you within the next 2 weeks.
>
> Since that's my commit, I'm happy to debug / test it, but I don't have
> an HTTP proxy or know how to set one up.
>
> If you can share the proxy server with me, or explain how to create one,
> I'll test it.

To put it simple, my use case is tor. I thought it would be enough to
point to the host:port like I do for socks5 settings of applications.

                   (tor-service
                    (plain-file "torrc"
"SocksPort 127.0.0.1:9050\n"))

could be a config (not my config).

Step one is to test it with tor, afterwards comes testing with gnunet
socks.

If you can not use tor, I can't help to provide a different example.
The machine where the old configs are is down at the moment, but I've
added it to config of guix similar to how you extend the list of
substitute machines in the config.