guix-devel

Re: Let’s freeze and build ‘core-updates’!

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Let’s freeze and build ‘core-updates’!
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2017 23:18:27 +0200

Marius Bakke <address@hidden> writes:

> One "greenisland" test is segfaulting. This package is needed for the
> "sddm" display manager, so I don't think we should merge until that is
> sorted. I'm looking into it now, but struggling to produce useful
> debugging information.

Apparently "ctest" will invoke "gdb" for tests if available in PATH. The
stack trace was not very helpful to my untrained eye however..

Given that this software is abandoned upstream, I don't think it's worth
spending a lot of time on maintaining it (our Wayland is newer than the
latest Greenisland release). We'll eventually have to find another
Wayland compositor for SDDM, in the meantime I think it's okay to
disable this test. What do others think?

I've configured my system on 'core-updates' and can confirm that SDDM
works fine (after disabling greenisland tests).

Geronimo? :-)