guix-devel

Re: packages which are broken after core-updates merge

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: packages which are broken after core-updates merge
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 16:12:23 +0200

> ng0 <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> icecat is failing, with new profiles, with old profiles. This can be
>> reproduced in a new profile by selecting 'Preferences > Applications'.
>> It should immediately crash.
>
> I have /gnu/store/pk4sbzk3xh7yjj9ls7hkhzgaj0xha7xp-icecat-45.7.0-gnu1
> (x86_64) and I can reproduce the Preferences → Applications crash.
> However, it does not crash immediately upon startup as Ricardo
> experiences.

I use the very same variant of icecat.  (Having unique names is really
useful for debugging!)

I have a large profile with many tabs.  When icecat starts it restores
the tabs and crashes before I can even see anything.  When I move away
my profile and start in “safe mode” the window appears and Icecat
crashes when it tries to render some URL.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net