guix-devel

Re: store reference detection (was Re: JARs and reference scanning)

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: store reference detection (was Re: JARs and reference scanning)
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 14:48:27 +0200

Am 02.05.2017 um 14:43 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
> Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> Am 27.04.2017 um 15:46 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
>>> ‘propagated-inputs’ is one way to manually specify run-time references.
>>> It works at the package level and not at the store level—that is, the
>>> store item’s references are unaffected by what ‘propagated-inputs’
>>> contains.  It’s usually enough for our purposes though.
>> I'm not sure if 'propagated-inputs' are enough. For example
>> "python-passlib" as propagated-input python-py-bcrypt, but the later
>> does not show up as reference, requisite nor referrer:
> Right, that’s what I meant by “not at the store level” above.
>
> Ludo’.
 So I propose to add a small text file ".guix-dependencies' to all
language's packages which do not add some kind of references themselves:
Python, Perl, Java, etc.

Question: How can the builder access the "propagated" inputs only?

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | address@hidden               |