guix-devel

Re: Planning for the next release

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Planning for the next release
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 14:04:56 -0400

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 11:00:16AM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> With UEFI (almost) ready, Guile 2.2 in the house, and “make release”,
> should we aim for next week (like Wed. 17th)?  Can we focus on polishing
> the remaining bits and testing?
>
> If the schedule turns out to be too tight, we could move to the week
> after.
>
> Thoughts?

If possible, I would appreciate if the release included a QEMU image
that we could offer to VPS hosters like serveraptor.com, as discussed in
this thread:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-03/msg00772.html

This would also depend on <https://bugs.gnu.org/26875> (Non-graphical
GRUB menus) being merged.

If the maintainers want to try for this, I'm happy to help prepare a
system declaration and test it.