guix-devel

Re: Cross-compilation to MinGW broken on core-updates

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Cross-compilation to MinGW broken on core-updates
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 20:23:32 +0200

Ludovic Courtès writes:

>> Hmm.  Did bash successfully cross build to i686-w64–mingw32 before?
>
> Good question, I’m not sure!  I thought it was a prerequisite for other
> things, but maybe not.

Yeah, then it needs to be ported.  Bash is probably not trivial.  I only
looked at hello, guile and the lilypond stack (still waiting for some
love and integration).

> Probably not a blocker, but something nice to have.

Sure.  Bash is a pretty convenient interface to fork/exec/pipe, having
that on MinGW would be quite something ;-)

Greetings,
janneke

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com