guix-devel

Re: python-pbr-minimal

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: python-pbr-minimal
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:27:46 +0200

On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 09:32:41PM +0200, Catonano wrote:
> [env]$ ./pre-inst-env guix lint python-pbr-minimal
> guix lint: error: python-pbr-minimal: unknown package
>
> This is after applying Muriithi's patch that updates python-pbr-minimal to
> 3.0.1
>
> I didn't try before applying the patch
>
> Note that python-pbr (without the -minimal) works like a charm and it
> inherits from python-pbr-minimal

python-pbr-minimal is a "private" package variable, not exported, and
thus not typically available to the command-line tools.

It's the difference between (define-public python-pbr-minimal) and
(define python-pbr-minimal).

yes. I just overlooked the missing "-public" part on the define :-/
I apologize

You can still pass it as a Scheme _expression_ to some commands:

guix build --_expression_='(@@ (gnu packages python ) python-pbr-minimal)'

However, `guix lint` doesn't honor --_expression_.

Good to know

Thanks