guix-devel

Re: Rails

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Rails
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 08:47:16 +0000

Pjotr Prins transcribed 0.4K bytes:
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 08:03:48AM +0000, ng0 wrote:
> > While I was working on it (or occasionally do) I wonder why we have so
> > little rails packages? What happened there?
>
> Ruby support is great in Guix. But we don't use Rails much, yet. Dave
> started packaging some time back, but not sure what happened. We also
> need it for Arvados - Fred is working on that.
>
> Pj.

Ah! Good to know. I have some packages in a dirty branch, I just need to
figure out the right order. at the moment it's just one file and the top
view are about 40 rails packages I guess. I'm not sure how many will be
added in layers below.
Some already exist in Guix, but this is the list of gems I need:

gem ‘pkg-config’
gem ‘rails’, ‘~> 5.0.2’
gem ‘sass-rails’, ‘~> 5.0’
gem ‘uglifier’, ‘>= 1.3.0’
gem ‘jquery-rails’
gem ‘puma’
gem ‘hamlit-rails’
gem ‘pg’
gem ‘pghero’
gem ‘dotenv-rails’
gem ‘font-awesome-rails’
gem ‘best_in_place’, ‘~> 3.0.1’
gem ‘paperclip’, ‘~> 5.1’
gem ‘paperclip-av-transcoder’
gem ‘aws-sdk’, ‘>= 2.0’
gem ‘addressable’
gem ‘devise’
gem ‘devise-two-factor’
gem ‘doorkeeper’
gem ‘fast_blank’
gem ‘goldfinger’
gem ‘hiredis’
gem ‘htmlentities’
gem ‘http’
gem ‘http_accept_language’
gem ‘httplog’
gem ‘kaminari’
gem ‘link_header’
gem ‘nokogiri’
gem ‘oj’
gem ‘ostatus2’, ‘~> 1.1’
gem ‘ox’
gem ‘rabl’
gem ‘rack-attack’
gem ‘rack-cors’, require: ‘rack/cors’
gem ‘rack-timeout’
gem ‘rails-i18n’
gem ‘rails-settings-cached’
gem ‘redis’, ‘~>3.2’, require: [‘redis’, ‘redis/connection/hiredis’]
gem ‘rqrcode’
gem ‘ruby-oembed’, require: ‘oembed’
gem ‘sidekiq’
gem ‘sidekiq-unique-jobs’
gem ‘simple-navigation’
gem ‘simple_form’
gem ‘sprockets-rails’, :require => ‘sprockets/railtie’
gem ‘statsd-instrument’
gem ‘twitter-text’
gem ‘tzinfo-data’
gem ‘whatlanguage’
gem ‘react-rails’
gem ‘browserify-rails’
gem ‘autoprefixer-rails’
gem ‘rails_12factor’
gem ‘redis-rails’
gem ‘lograge’

The work will probably be an exercise in futility as the software
(Mastodon) will not be included in Guix as it requires a binary blob
with all the Nodejs packages, unless some of the people working on
nodejs has an epiphany or nodejs decides to become more accessible,
or hell freezes over, whatever happens first.
--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588