guix-devel

Re: cuirass evaluate

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: cuirass evaluate
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 15:32:42 +0200

Hi,

Mathieu Othacehe <address@hidden> skribis:

> A cuirass question :
>
> In src/cuirass/base.scm, you wrote the following comment :
>
>   ;; Register the results in the database.
>   ;; XXX: The 'build-derivations' call is blocking so we end updating the
>   ;; database potentially long after things have been built.
>
> How would it be possible to be notified when a build succeeds, to update
> the database asap ?

Unfortunately, the current daemon protocol makes it hard to get such
notifications, unless you parse its output (the “@ build-succeeded”
lines) like I did in ‘wip-ui’.

Perhaps we’ll have to do this parsing anyway, or just change the
protocol altogether and have a “channel” mechanism like SSH to multiplex
the number of communication channels on one connection.  reepca, if you
read this, that’s something to keep in mind.  :-)

Alternately, Cuirass could also periodically call ‘valid-path?’ for all
the outputs of the pending builds (in a separate thread; note that the
daemon connection cannot be shared among threads.)

HTH,
Ludo’.