guix-devel

Re: QT install and search paths

From: 宋文武
Subject: Re: QT install and search paths
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:59:30 +0800

Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on the build of KDE's plasma-desktop. When strac-ing
> the tets, I dicoverd that plaugins are searched in
>
>  /gnu/store/…-qtbase-5.9.1/plugins/…
>
> while most of the KDE program use
>
>  /gnu/store/…-plasma-workspace-5.10.4/lib/plugins/… (mind the additional
> `lib`)
>
> which is not searched. Wondering why, I found this in qt.scm (qtbase):
>
> (search-path-specification
> (variable "QT_PLUGIN_PATH")
> (files '("plugins")))
>
> This means that `lib/plugins` is *not* included in QT_PLUGIN_PATH and thus
> not searched. (Which I assume is the reason for many test-failures.)
>
> Also in qt.scm (qtbase) there is:
>
> (substitute* qt_config.prf
>
> (("\$\$\[QT_INSTALL_PLUGINS\]")
> "$$replace(dir, mkspecs/modules, plugins)")
>
> I assume this should make the plugins to be in stalled in …/plugins,

Yes, 'dir' would be $out/mkspecs/modules, this will make a qmake based
package install its Qt plugins into $out/plugins.

> but KDE framework is installing into …/lib/plugins.
>
> So I assume this is wrong or there are other places which need to be adpoted
> to the changed directory layout.
>
> What do you think?

Currently, it doesn't follow a normal package layout, We should change
it to (like it in Debian and ArchLinux):

ARCHDATA:   lib/qt
DATA:       share/qt
DOCS:       share/doc/qt
HEADERS:    include/qt
LIBS:       lib
PLUGINS:    lib/qt/plugins
LIBEXECS:   lib/qt/libexec
BINS:       bin
IMPORTS:    lib/qt/imports
QML:        lib/qt/qml
EXAMPLES:   share/doc/qt/examples

Which need adjust the configure flags, search-patchs and the
qt_config.prf of our qtbase package (and maybe some kde ones, I don't
know).