guix-devel

Re: Adopt a patch!

From: Kei Kebreau
Subject: Re: Adopt a patch!
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 08:15:37 -0400

Pjotr Prins <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 10:31:29PM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
>> FWIW, I didn’t mean to claim that there are no problems with the
>> email-based workflow.  I just think that we should improve upon it with
>> deliberation instead of jumping to the conclusion that Gitlab or Github
>> would be better.
>
> I think we can have both. We are still stuck in this idea that there
> should only be one tree. The Linux kernel is proving differently.
>
> Pj.

I agree. As long as we aren't solely reliant on a web browser for
contribution, having two interfaces through which to contribute would be
beneficial to people who aren't already familiar with Emacs. Perhaps the
people streamlining the Gitlab and Emacs interfaces can collaborate to
minimize friction between contributions through each interface.