guix-devel

Re: java: switch to icedtea-8 as default JDK

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: java: switch to icedtea-8 as default JDK
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 13:27:48 +0100

minced is ok.

Ok I've built ant 1.9.9 with ant/java8 and icedtea8. It is ok.

I've seen package:
java-jgit-4.2 explicitly depending on icedtea-7
other explicit dependencies are for:
icedtea-7
ant

These are ok, I believe.

We have ant/java8.

What is the current status of these two:
ant vs ant/java8, is ant/java8 the default?
Should we do something with these?

Ok, hopefully that will work out. However there was a hint yesterday, that newest core-updates is broken again after a recent merge...
It might worth to have a look around to see if it's woth to do on an older revision...

I will wait for your results for now...

Maybe later this weekend I can start up a few vm-s with guixsd, and have those involved in rebuilding if needed...

Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> writes:

> sra-tools2.8.2-1 builds with no problem.

Now that things are hopefully fixed up a bit more in core-updates I am
trying again to build the "covering" of icedtea to see what still needs
to be fixed.  I'll let you know how that goes.

--
Chris