guix-devel

Re: Packaging LyX

From: Gammel Holte
Subject: Re: Packaging LyX
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 23:20:14 +0100

Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> wrote:
Hmm, do the tests work for you? Back when I tried this was the blocker for me...

Yes, they work fine. Aside, I've tested LyX for a few days and everything has worked as expected so far.

After looking into all documentation, packages from other distros, and testing different things I'm pretty sure the minimal set of dependencies is what I listed in my previous email.

Give the script attached a try if you want (still not a proper package, so you need to do guix package -f lyx.scm). It also needs address@hidden in the environment as LyX doesn't bind to python properly, but rather tries to find it dynamically during runtime. I need to fix that.