guix-devel

Re: workflow

From: ng0
Subject: Re: workflow
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2018 22:56:16 +0000

Chris Marusich transcribed 1.6K bytes:
> ng0 <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > You can stash those po/* files, it's the first thing I do if I ever
> > happen to work on a complete new checkout.
>
> Do you stash JUST the po files?

Yep. And I never stash apply them back. There's a stash of the po that I have
for about almost as long as I contribute to Guix.

> I have often found these po files very
> annoying while trying to make changes to Guix and test locally.  I think
> that if I do "git stash" and later "git stash pop", it updates the
> timestamps of many files, so "make" rebuilds many, many things that it
> really doesn't have to.
>
> Beyond doing "git checkout po" are there any other ways to deal with
> these po files that won't negate make's incremental build feature?
>
> --
> Chris

Maybe we could add them to .gitignore, but I haven looked into the
buildsystem for some time, if that would affect for example make dist.
But as long as you don't run make dist you could have them in a .gitignore.

--
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588
GnuPG: https://c.n0.is/ng0_pubkeys/tree/keys