guix-devel

Re: Meltdown / Spectre

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Meltdown / Spectre
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 09:20:04 -0800

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 11:46:46AM +0100, Tobias Platen wrote:
> The Talos II is a free-er system. And its processor (the POWER9) does not
> seem to be affected by Meltdown/Sprectre [1].
>
> [1] https://mobile.twitter.com/RaptorCompSys?p=s

The Talos teams says that their POWER8 and POWER9 systems are vulnerable
to Meltdown and Spectre, but that the CPUs will be patched somehow:

https://twitter.com/RaptorCompSys/status/949368929507520517

I expect any CPU that does speculative execution / executes out-of-order
will be found to be vulnerable.