guix-devel

Re: weird errors

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: weird errors
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 21:37:10 +0100

Hi Catonano,

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 13:42:26 +0100
Catonano <address@hidden> wrote:

> The virtual machine boots successfully now
>
> The trytond service is running in it

Cool!

> But the postgres role doesn't exist so the connection to postgres fails and

Your db-creation already invokes createdb.  Try passing -O trytond,
maybe everything works then.

So in gnu/services/trytond.scm:

               (createdb-script (string-append #$postgresql "/bin/createdb")
                                "-O" "trytond"
                                #$database-name)

And later

  (apply invoke createdb-script)

> trytond attempts to connect to a sqlite database that doesn't exist

Probably a fallback, hmm.

> I'm not gonna keep working on this
> It's not fun anymore

Too bad.  I can understand it though.

For the part I had in the frustration by shitty VM error reporting, I'm sorry.

I've now merged the tryton packages from your repository into guix master.

(I've applied small stylistic fixes)

Since it's snowing outside and cold as hell, I'll also try to get a minimal
trytond service to work, starting from your work.

I have no idea what the program is supposed to do - so I'll stop when it starts
up.

You are way too kind 😃
Thank you !