guix-devel

Re: gcc-ddc

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: gcc-ddc
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 09:46:31 +0100

Hello!

Before FOSDEM I decided to take another look at this.
I have really good news, gcc 4.7.4 ddc on x86_64 is now reproducible using clang.
Code can be found at: https://github.com/Boskovits/guix/tree/gcc-ddc.

How could we go on with this?

Now it is very experimental, and not conforming to policies.
It is also architecture dependent.

I don't think that this should go into upstream guix, because I don't believe it is useful for the general public. How should we get it into a place more generally available?

>> I guess I can do something like add an environment variable GUIX_INSTALL_DIRECTORY, or something like that...
>
> What's different about GUIX_INSTALL_DIRECTORY than the usual: PREFIX?

The value of that variable would not be embedded in the binary.  It is
looked up at runtime, so the binary only contains the literal
“GUIX_INSTALL_DIRECTORY”.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net