guix-devel

Re: Golly... what's up with Golly?

From: Eric Bavier
Subject: Re: Golly... what's up with Golly?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 21:46:46 -0600

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 19:19:31 -0600
Christopher Lemmer Webber <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think Sourceforge may have gone through a recent upgrade that broke
> some things:
>
> Starting download of
> /gnu/store/k857xn4vnppdp5z853c92lfa7h5fhdii-golly-3.1-src.tar.gz
> From
> http://tenet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/golly/golly-3.1/golly-3.1-src.tar.gz...
> following redirection to
> `http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/golly/golly-3.1/golly-3.1-src.tar.gz?download&failedmirror=tenet.dl.sourceforge.net'...
> ERROR: download failed
> "http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/golly/golly-3.1/golly-3.1-src.tar.gz?download&failedmirror=tenet.dl.sourceforge.net";
>  404 "Not Found"
<...>

> The file still seems to exist in the web interface.  Those links don't
> look particularly wrong but they no longer resolve.  I'm confused.
>
> Also observed on IRC:
>
> <dustyweb> I can't seem to build Golly... all the sourceforge links aren't
> working here
> <atw> dustyweb: weird, "git clone https://git.code.sf.net/p/golly/code"; hangs
> <atw> and eventually, "fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly"
>
> I wonder what happened?

I saw another with sourceforge about a week ago, where the downloads
would be redirected to some html that says something like "we're having
trouble, try again later".  This would show up as a hash mismatch in
guix.

Anyhow, this looks a bit different; just wanted to point out my own
experience with sourceforge strangeness.

Is the source mirrored on hydra?

`~Eric