guix-devel

Re: Nginx service fails

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Nginx service fails
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 08:48:20 +0100

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 12:43:35AM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote:
> $ guix system reconfigure AE/clementi.scm
> guix system: error: failed to load 'AE/clementi.scm':
> AE/clementi.scm:5:0: In procedure allocate-struct: Wrong type argument in
> position 2: 25

I think I know the answer: .cache contains the compiled file for the operating
system declaration (clementi.go), and with the recent changes to how these are
parsed, it is incompatible.

> Is this normal? How are users supposed to know they should delete .cache?

Hopefully, this does not occur with "guix pull", and then it might be
considered normal... Is .cache actually necessary, since we generally
recompile from make files? Or is it needed since the make files do not
encode the precise dependency graph of the modules, as they usually do
for C code? If it is not necessary, could it be disabled by the project?

Andreas