guix-devel

Where to queue patches for staging? (was: Is staging open again?)

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Where to queue patches for staging? (was: Is staging open again?)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 21:45:15 +0100

Am 06.03.2018 um 18:03 schrieb Marius Bakke:
> Staging is nearly fully built, so it will have to wait until next round.
> Generally, branches 'close' once a Hydra evaluation starts.  Check in
> here for progress: <https://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/staging>.

This sound complicated for the occasional (staging-) contributor.

How should I determine when the next round is about to start? I can't
even spot that "staging is nearly fully built" and hydra's web-front-end
is slow. Further I do not have the time for monitoring hydra and catch
the time-window then I can push my commit. For me this does not work out
- and I assume for others if doesn't, too.

Is there some queue-for-staging branch where I can commit this patch to?
Or some other means, like setting some bug-status?

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | address@hidden               |