guix-devel

Re: Submitting Patch for r-dyn Description for cran Package

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Submitting Patch for r-dyn Description for cran Package
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 22:50:23 +0100

Hi,

thank you for your contribution!

Unfortunately, your email was way too big for me to even open :) Could
you please resend it with only the relevant changes?  The changes to the
“.po” files should not be part of the patch.

Let’s take a closer look at the R package you’ve added.

> +(define-public r-dyn
> +  (package
> +    (name "r-dyn")
> +    (version "0.2-9.6")
> +    (source
> +     (origin
> +       (method url-fetch)
> +       (uri (cran-uri "dyn" version))
> +       (sha256
> +        (base32
> +         "16fqv9k7yxdgybwzafjkyqm16qpgqz13lcjpi6a1nc8xbzlzh0gb"))))
> +    (build-system r-build-system)
> +    (propagated-inputs
> +     `(("r-zoo" ,r-zoo)))
> +    (home-page "https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/dyn";)
> +    (synopsis "Time Series Regression")

Please make all worlds except for the first lowercase.

> +    (description
> +     "Time series regression. The dyn class interfaces ts, irts(), zoo() and
> +zooreg() time series classes to lm(), glm(), loess(), quantreg::rq(),
> MASS::rlm(),
> + MCMCpack::MCMCregress(), quantreg::rq(), randomForest::randomForest() and
> other
> + regression functions allowing those functions to be used with time series
> including
> +specifications that may contain lags, diffs and missing values.")

The first sentence is just a sentence fragment.  Could you please turn
it into a full sentence?

Please leave two spaces between sentences.

The functions that are mentioned in the description should be wrapped in
@code{…} syntax.

Have you tried building this package?  (I have not.)

Please also add a copyright line to the very top of the file.

One more thing: in Guix we follow certain conventions when it comes to
commit messages.  You can take a look at previous commit messages (with
“git log”) to see examples.

In this case the message would look like this:

gnu: Add r-dyn.

* gnu/packages/cran.scm (r-dyn): New variable.

Would you like to send an updated version of your patch?

Thanks again for giving this a try!

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net