guix-devel

Re: Submitting Patch for r-dyn Description for cran Package

From: Sahithi Yarlagadda
Subject: Re: Submitting Patch for r-dyn Description for cran Package
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 07:19:03 +0530

Hi

On Tuesday 20 March 2018 03:20 AM, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thank you for your contribution!
>
> Unfortunately, your email was way too big for me to even open :) Could
> you please resend it with only the relevant changes?  The changes to the
> “.po” files should not be part of the patch.
Oops! I have built the package and then sent the patch. Ill make a patch
from the source changes and send it.
This is what i did
1) Downloaded Source
2) setup environment
3) ./bootstrap, ./configure, ./make
4) then made changes to .scm file in /gnu/packages
5) built using

    ./pre-inst-env guix build r-dyn
6) git link
7) then did the patch.

> Let’s take a closer look at the R package you’ve added.
>
>> +(define-public r-dyn
>> +  (package
>> +    (name "r-dyn")
>> +    (version "0.2-9.6")
>> +    (source
>> +     (origin
>> +       (method url-fetch)
>> +       (uri (cran-uri "dyn" version))
>> +       (sha256
>> +        (base32
>> +         "16fqv9k7yxdgybwzafjkyqm16qpgqz13lcjpi6a1nc8xbzlzh0gb"))))
>> +    (build-system r-build-system)
>> +    (propagated-inputs
>> +     `(("r-zoo" ,r-zoo)))
>> +    (home-page "https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/dyn";)
>> +    (synopsis "Time Series Regression")
> Please make all worlds except for the first lowercase.
>
>> +    (description
>> +     "Time series regression. The dyn class interfaces ts, irts(), zoo() and
>> +zooreg() time series classes to lm(), glm(), loess(), quantreg::rq(),
>> MASS::rlm(),
>> + MCMCpack::MCMCregress(), quantreg::rq(), randomForest::randomForest() and
>> other
>> + regression functions allowing those functions to be used with time series
>> including
>> +specifications that may contain lags, diffs and missing values.")
> The first sentence is just a sentence fragment.  Could you please turn
> it into a full sentence?
>
> Please leave two spaces between sentences.
>
> The functions that are mentioned in the description should be wrapped in
> @code{…} syntax.
>
> Have you tried building this package?  (I have not.)
Yes it was successfully built and was stored in /gnu/store/.........

--
Regards
Sahithi