guix-devel

Re: pypi import certs issues

From: ng0
Subject: Re: pypi import certs issues
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 08:14:34 +0000

Mark H Weaver transcribed 1.1K bytes:
> Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> > Yes, that's right.
> >
> >> Which of the packages in your profile provides this directory?  What
> >> does “readlink” tell you?
> >
> > The directory is created by the 'ca-certificate-bundle' profile hook in
> > (guix profiles), whose purpose is to create a single-file certificate
> > bundle in ../etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt containing all of the
> > certs from all of the certificate packages included in the profile.
>
> Hmm, although it looks like that profile hook shouldn't ever create the
> etc/ssl/crts directory without also creating the ca-certificates.crt
> file within it.  In this case I guess some other package must have
> created that directory, so I'm also curious to see the output of the
> following commands:
>
>   readlink ~/.guix-profile/etc
>   readlink ~/.guix-profile/etc/ssl
>   readlink ~/.guix-profile/etc/ssl/certs
>
>       Mark

Ah, this is where my custom global profile seems to come in to blame:

address@hidden ~$ readlink ~/.guix-profile/etc
address@hidden ~$ readlink ~/.guix-profile/etc/ssl
/gnu/store/bfrpbapb440fkqb7n389xry596i73jml-libressl-2.6.4/etc/ssl
address@hidden ~$ readlink ~/.guix-profile/etc/ssl/certs
address@hidden ~$

Although you should be able to install libressl and use openssl generated data.
--
A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588
https://n0.is