guix-devel

Re: Krita 3 and 4 compatibility issues

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Krita 3 and 4 compatibility issues
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 15:34:44 -0400

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 03:06:52PM +0000, ng0 wrote:
> Thorsten Wilms transcribed 1.2K bytes:
> > A short note regarding the option to keep both Krita 3 and 4 accessible
> > would be nice in this and any future similar case. The likelihood of not
> > working in the same profile, potential configuration clashes, the option to
> > use different profiles or guix environment, as you mentioned on #guix.
>
> I agree, in this case having Krita 3 and 4 available helps. We could default
> to 4 but keep 3 available for downgrading to it.

I think we could keep both Krita 3 and 4 around for a while, removing
the older one in a few months. It's easy with a package like this:

(define-public krita-3
  (package
    (inherit krita)
    (name "krita")
    (version "3.3.3")
    (source (origin
              (inherit (package-source krita))
              (uri (string-append
                    "mirror://kde/stable/krita/"
                    (version-prefix version 3)
                    "/" name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
              (sha256
               (base32
                "0pc6hnakkqy81x5b5ncivaps6hqv43i50sjwgi3i3cz9j8rlxh5y"))))))