guix-devel

Successfully running GNOME on core-updates + staging

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Successfully running GNOME on core-updates + staging
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 03:54:02 -0400

Hello Guix,

I've successfully updated my x86_64 GuixSD system to my private branch
based on 'core-updates' with recent 'master' and 'staging' merged into
it.  This system includes a full GNOME desktop environment plus a few
programs based on Qt.  It all works quite well.

My branch includes a few draft fixes and workarounds that I haven't yet
pushed, but nothing that would require many rebuilds to update later.

So, I think it might be time to ask Hydra to build all of core-updates,
after staging is merged into it.

What do you think?

      Mark