guix-devel

Re: 01/01: gnu: cmake: Delete Emacs library.

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: 01/01: gnu: cmake: Delete Emacs library.
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 11:41:39 +0200

Hello Marius & all,

Marius Bakke <address@hidden> skribis:

> Good idea.  It would be good to clarify that this also applies for
> 'staging'.  What do you think about this instead?
>
> 1 file changed, 9 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
> doc/contributing.texi | 11 +++++++++--

The patch LGTM!

> address@hidden TODO: It would be good with badges on the website that tracks
> these
> address@hidden branches.  Or maybe even a status page.

I agree!  I admit I sometimes have a hard time determining the current
status of every branch (for instance I’m not sure what’s up with
‘staging’ at the moment…)

Perhaps a lo-tech thing would be to have more frequent reminders on the
mailing list of the status of each branch, also as a way to solicitate
contributions on these branches.

I really think we need to have someone responsible for those rebuild
cycles, and to arrange to hand over reponsibilities to a different
person after each cycle or so.

Thanks,
Ludo’.