guix-devel

Re: my latest blog post

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: my latest blog post
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 12:28:08 -0400

Catonano <address@hidden> writes:

> I just published my latest blog post
>
> In this post I discuss Guix
>
> And I discuss Guile too
>
> I understand that the language is strong and I expect someone to be upset
>
> But I feel this is due
>
> Happy reading
>
> http://catonano.v22018025836661967.nicesrv.de/the-gnu-community.html

That was a long post!  Thanks for taking the time to send it!  I really
don't have much room to talk about the guix or guile community, because
I'm not a contributer, at all.

My 2 cents are:

I personally dislike that saying "guys" on IRC is frowned upon.  In my
personal life I use "guys" when I'm talking to a group of people, even
if some are women.  Are there women in the guix community that are
offended by the use of "guys"?

And I did not really know how Mark H. Weaver responded to you, but it
sounds like you expected him to answer many of your questions.  I have
had a prominent free software developer gently tell me that I just need
to read the man page.  That he doesn't have time to answer all of my
questions.  I would not describe that as toxic behavior.

And I would agree that Ludo is amazing!  He is exceedingly active in the
guix community.  He answers almost ALL emails!  He's even answered some
of mine, and sometimes I did not get back to him.  And he will still
answer any questions that I have.  The man is a legend!