guix-devel

Re: GSoC: Adding a web interface similar to the Hydra web interface

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: GSoC: Adding a web interface similar to the Hydra web interface
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 23:52:45 +0200

Hi Tatiana,

I have only little to add to Danny’s comments.

> db-get-builds looks fine and we could merge this change to master.
> But you have other changes in the same commit, so we can't directly
> cherry-pick it.  (not so bad, but somewhat cumbersome now)

It is good practise to make small commits, one for every set of
logically connected changes.  This makes the review simpler and it makes
it easier to merge some parts while leaving others for later.

As you work on the changes that Danny’s comments imply, please take the
opportunity to group related changes and commit only those together.  It
is fine and desirable to have many independent small commits.

Thanks again for your excellent work!

--
Ricardo