guix-devel

Re: packaging Bootstrap for Cuirass' web interface

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Re: packaging Bootstrap for Cuirass' web interface
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:31:42 +0200

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 09:48:15 +0200
Clément Lassieur <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> We are going to embed Bootstrap files to our Cuirass service.
> Wouldn't it be better to package Bootstrap and get the service to use
> the package directly?  I think it would make maintenance easier, and
> I'm unsure it's good to have huge files on which we don't have
> control in our Cuirass git repository.  WDYT?
>
> Clément

Building from "source" would be cool, but looks like a lot of "fun":

https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/getting-started/build-tools/#tooling-setup

Here is the npm build script. Look at the dev-dependencies:

https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/blob/v4.0.0-beta.2/package.json

NPM-Yogurt.

I think the only change to go from sources is write your own simple
build scripts and call your own SASS-compiler and JS minifier.

Björn