guix-devel

System configuration on non-native Guix (SuSE/Debian)

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: System configuration on non-native Guix (SuSE/Debian)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 08:02:01 +0200

With the recent SuSE announcement I hope Guix gets taken up as a
package manager on non-native Guix systems (Debian in particular).
Something I have been doing for years with great success - deploying
some massively complex systems.

One thing I have always wanted to do is use Guix' system configuration
capabilities on top of Debian. But, so far, I have no idea how to go
about that.

Can someone help? We can make a blog out of it. Say I want to
configure Nginx as a system tool using Guix. What would be the steps
to take? A simple example would help a lot!

And a separate question: can the shepherd run next to systemd? I would
think so. I have no real love for systemd, but it is rather hard to
avoid on recent distros.

Pj.