guix-devel

Re: Haskel LTS 12.8.

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Haskel LTS 12.8.
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 20:51:15 +0200

Hi Tim,

> To avoid duplicating work, I wanted to let you know that I am working on
> updating the Haskell packages to their LTS 12.8 versions.  This will go
> nicely with the new GHC 8.4.3.

Excellent!  I have a couple of new package definitions and a few minor
updates that I wanted to push to the master branch tomorrow.  (These
updates work fine with with GHC 8.0.x AFAICT, but I haven’t subjected
them to much testing.)

> I am keeping the work on a WIP branch that I have here:
> <https://gitlab.com/samplet/guix/tree/wip-haskell>.  All the updates
> have commits, but there is still a lot of testing to do and build issues
> to resolve.  I will keep you posted.

Shall we push that to a wip-haskell branch in the Guix repository on
Savannah instead?  Then we could more easily let ci.guix.info build out
the branch.

--
Ricardo