guix-devel

Re: Roadmap for Guix 1.0

From: Adam Van Ymeren
Subject: Re: Roadmap for Guix 1.0
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2018 19:09:36 -0400

Kinda late to the party here but I think a goal for 1.0 should be to ensure every single package builds on x86_64 and/or i686 and that most substitutes are available at the time of release.

Having guix claim to have packages which then fail to build can leave a poor first impression. It's fine for alpha/beta but I think it will be really important for 1.0 to feel as robust as possible.

I'd even say that any packages which don't build for 1.0 should be deleted or at least hidden. Maybe of channels happen we could use a stable vs unstable channels.

That's my 2 cents on 1.0 at least.